As you know RSD will now take place across 3 dates: August 29th, September 26th and October 24th. These revised RSD Drops will not be like normal RSD events given the COVID-19 pandemic. Clearly, we need to observe social distancing rules in order to keep our customers and staff as safe as possible.
In order that we can maintain the principle of first come first served, but equally ensure responsible social distances practices, we are going to open the STRAND RECORDS’ shop from 08:30am on Saturday 29th August and operate a socially distanced queue.
This approach will consist of the following key elements;
- Allowing customers to form a socially distanced queue outside of our shop
- Keeping all customers 1m+ apart and serving on a 1st come 1st served basis as normal
- Restricting the number of customers in our shop at any 1 time to an appropriate number
- Asking customers to wear a mask
- We may restrict the number of customers in the queue on the day if the queue begins to get unwieldy.
Please note that this guidance could change on a local or national level in response to COVID-19 and government guidelines.